Monday 30 April 2012

Day 7- Christmas comes early!

Hello all, Firstly I would like to thank anyone that has actually been reading my blog, I know its not great but I do thoroughly enjoy it. I can't believe I have been at this a week already. 


Today I decided to start thinking of Christmas. I have my daughters birthdays in August and October along with others in-between. The end of the year is always expensive for us. So, with that in mind I have decided to make as many Christmas presents as possible this year. From canvas's to cushions, everyone is getting something handmade. I want to up-cycle as much as possible too. I decided to start with my mum, I know what she is into and what she likes. Plus, she loved the first button canvas I ever made, it hangs in her hallway and I looked at it today and could see how far I have come. My mum has always supported my craft and 'loony' ideas. My mum loves anything with flowers, think Cath Kidston and you're there. She also loves elephants and most years my sister and I end up buying her a new elephant theme ornament. Only problem this year is that she has so many she has run out of  room. I got my thinking cap on and came up with this 

 
I love this little elephant. I even had my first go at hand embroidery and really pleased with the result. This elephant (who I feel should have a name...suggestions?) is going to go on a canvas. I am also going to make a larger matching one to go onto a cushion with 'Nanny' hand embroidered above it from my children. 
I really hope she likes it. 


I also made this little appliqué too, I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet, maybe pop it on a t-shirt, bag, canvas...so many options 



and don't worry, my mum has no idea how to turn a computer on never mind find a blog!! Let me know what you think and I will be back tomorrow with (hopefully) some Christmas makes. 

See you tomorrow 
Mother Hen
x

No comments:

Post a Comment