Sunday 29 April 2012

Day 6- A lazy day

Good evening all. I hope you are all settled down in front of the TV after enjoying your Sunday lunch. I didn't get my Sunday lunch today as...well to be honest couldn't be bothered to go shopping to get anything, so that should give you a good idea of how today's blog is going to go. 


I wont lie, I actually made this last night when I had the full motivation. I have only ever attempted a cushion once before and it was a disaster, I used this horrible stretchy fabric and didn't follow the instructions correctly. My husband Jim is a massive super hero, Marvel, DC fan and I got a small piece of Marvel fabric from a friends de-stash with no idea what I was going to do with it. When it arrived it was a rectangular shape and I have put it to one side ever since. 


Last night I took a pair of scissors to it and made Jim a cushion. I used a running stitch on the inside and then used a blanket stitch on the outside, the first time I had done this. I am VERY happy with the result. For someone that has never attempted a cushion properly it turned out very well. I feel a lot more confident now I have actually done it. 


I have a small amount left that only has parts of characters on but I know I want to use it for something, maybe a pin cushion? 

Anyway, sorry I 'cheated' today, I promise I will be back on form tomorrow with a fresh make 

See you tomorrow 
Mother Hen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment